the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, University of Zagreb – Faculty of Law,
held at the Inter-University Centre, Dubrovnik, 23-26 April 2020
Susan Biniaz, Yale University
Melita Carević, University of Zagreb
Tamara Ćapeta, University of Zagreb
Iris Goldner Lang, University of Zagreb
Adam Łazowski, University of Westminster
Tamara Perišin, University of Zagreb
Donald Regan, University of Michigan
Joanne Scott, European University Institute
Josephine Van Zeben, Wageningen University & Research
The 18th session of the Jean Monnet Seminar will focus on the topic “The EU as a Green Leader”.
Paper proposals may cover a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- the extraterritorial reach of EU environmental law
- EU’s influence on global standard setting in climate change law, or more broadly environmental law
- EU’s leadership potential in climate change law, or more broadly environmental law
- the consistency of EU’s climate change legislation
- carbon leakage
- the role of the EU in conclusion and implementation of the Paris Agreement
- the introduction of border carbon adjustments
- the development of global standards for aviation and shipping greenhouse gas emissions.
Structure of the Seminar
The Seminar entails two parts – talks by prominent speakers (academics and senior practitioners) and presentations by PhD candidates and early-career academics.
Organisers welcome researchers interested in presenting a paper dealing with the topic of the Seminar. Candidates are invited to apply by submitting a paper proposal (500 words max) and a CV by 25 February 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
A limited number of grants will be available.