|Social Psychology - Seminar||
Social Work - 4. semester
|Lecturer in charge||Consultations||Location|
|prof. dr. sc. Ninoslava Pećnik||
to be arranged via e-mail
|Nazorova 51, room 2|
|doc. dr. sc. Ana Tokić Milaković||
Tuesday: 10:00 to 11:00 a.m..
|Nazorova 51, room Nazorova 51, soba 2A|
| Cognitive Skills:
After successfully completing the course, students will be able to:
1. select reliable and relevant scientific and professional sources of information among the multitude of information available on the INternet
2. summarise crucial scientific and professional insights about a certain topic from selected literature
3. categorise collected information about the topic and organise them into coherent chapters
4. prepare a concept of seminar paper
5. present, describe and explain key cognitions about the selected topic and discuss it with the audience of students
6. illustrate described cognitions by examples from practice
7. compare and connect findings from various research about the same topic
8. observe similarities and differences, and possibly offer an interpretation for observed conflicts in literaturePractical and Generic Skills:
After successfully completing the course, students will gain:
- time management ability
- ability to independently learn
- basic computer skills
- ability to use e-learning systems (modules)
- ability to analyse and synthesise course contents
- ability to critically assess information
- ability to present arguments in group discussion
- ability to communicate with experts of similar areas (psychologists, sociologists, doctors)
- skills of written expression and structured presentation of information about a certain topic
- presentation skillsMatching Assessments to Learning Outcomes:
The first homework - learning outcomes 1,2 and 9
The task is to research scientific sources of literature about a selected topic (EBSCO, Science Direct and Hrčak), select three papers (two in English, one in Croatian), summarise key research findings and make references in APA style. Grades vary on the scale from 1 to 5.
The second hoework
The task is to read one oif offered classic scientific papers from teh area of social psychology and write a one-page summary. The summary has to contain a shot introduction, aims of research, participantrs and describe the procedure, xplicitly list independent and dependent variables, summarise research results and explain implications of results. Grades vary on the scale from 1 to 5.
Presentation of aselected topic from the area of psychology
The students make apresentation (power point) about a selected topic from the area of psychology to other students. Clarity, knowledge and understanding, organisation of contents, involving the audience, presentation skills, set time framework, adequate reerencing and originality are graded. Grades vary on the scalke from 1 to 5.
Copyright 2018 - Pravni fakultet, Sveučilište u Zagrebu, sva prava pridržana.