University of Zagreb
Faculty of Law
University of Zagreb Faculty of Law
is announcing a
competition for student enrolment
in the postgraduate doctoral study programme in legal sciences
The following candidates shall be eligible for enrolment into the six-semester study programme:
1. A candidate who has completed an integrated undergraduate and graduate study programme in law and acquired the title of Master of Law (mag. iur.) or completed the undergraduate legal studies and acquired the title of Graduate Jurist (dipl. iur.), or the equivalent of these studies abroad, whereby a candidate has to prove that such equivalent studies provide access to the judicial or legal profession in the country in which the study programme was completed.
2. A candidate who completed the study programme with a minimum grade point average of 3.5, i.e., a candidate who has been was in the top 20% of their generation, or the foreign equivalent, whereby this requirement can be replaced if the candidate did not have an average of at least 3.5 during the completed study, but has completed the postgraduate specialist study programme in law with at least 90 ECTS and achieved a minimum grade point average of 4.5, or the foreign equivalent.
3. A candidate with a level of proficiency in English and another world language that enables them to use foreign literature.
- if a candidate does not meet the general requirement referred to in Point 1, they must have completed a graduate study programme and a postgraduate specialist study programme in the field of law.
- if a candidate does not meet the general requirement referred to in Point 2, it may be replaced by three independent scientific papers in the field of law from the A1 category according to the regulations on the classification of scientific papers for the purposes of election to scientific titles.
The doctoral study programme is set to begin in the summer semester of the academic year 2021/2022.
Tuition amounts to HRK 12,000.00 per semester, i.e. HRK 72,000.00 in total, in accordance with the Decision on tuition and fees.
To have your application accepted, please send it to the following address by February 20, 2022:
University of Zagreb Faculty of Law,
Trg Republike Hrvatske 14,
10 000 Zagreb,
When applying, please enclose the following obligatory documents:
- curriculum vitae
- a diploma attesting the completion of a study programme, a certificate with degree transcripts and an expressed grade point average, if any
- language proficiency certificates, if any
- scientific papers, if any, that can be further verified and evaluated
- elaborated proposal of the doctoral topic which contains the basic theses and the goal of the research, the preliminary work plan and the preliminary bibliography
- proposal of the mentor with the written consent of the proposed mentor agreeing to guide the doctoral student in relation to the topic proposal
- two recommendations made by university teachers (one of whom may be the mentor) or alternatively, one recommendation by a university teacher (may also be the proposed mentor) and one recommendation by a person who has achieved outstanding results in the legal profession.
All applicants shall be notified of the results of the competition within 45 days of the conclusion of the competition. The decision on the enrolment of candidates for doctoral studies is made by the Council of the University of Zagreb Faculty of Law.
Candidates are referred to the Regulations on the postgraduate doctoral study in legal sciences concerning the clarification of the conditions for enrolment, the enrolment procedure, the organization and duration of studies.
Please find the Regulations on the postgraduate doctoral study in legal sciences, the study programme, more detailed instructions on applying for the competition, CVs of potential mentors, and other important information on the following website: https://www.pravo.unizg.hr/studij/doktorski-pravni.
Should you need any additional information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com