|Practical Work in the Course Social Work and Juvenile Delinquency||
Social Work - 7. semester
|Lecturer in charge||Consultations||Location|
|prof. dr. sc. Marina Ajduković||Nazorova 51, room Nazorova 51, soba 23/I|
|doc. dr. sc. Linda Rajhvajn Bulat||Nazorova 51, room 11a|
|izv. prof. dr. sc. Marijana Majdak||
Tuesday 11,00-13,00 room 21
|Nazorova 51, room 21|
|Zakon o sudovima za mladež; Narodne novine (2015), str. NN 84/11, 143/12, 148/13, 56/15|
|Prekršajni zakon; Narodne novine (2017), str. NN 107/07, 39/13, 157/13, 110/15, 70/17|
Practical work is conducted in the duration of three weeks according to the syllabus. It is organised in Centres for Social Welfare, in the institutions for the children and young persons or within civil society organisations youth programmes according to specially adapted programmes. In these institutions or organisations students spend 6 hours per day for three weeks, participating in direct work with the clients or the realisation of other tasks scheduled for the practical work. During practical work, students have to keep a work diary, and after the completion of practical work they have to prepare adequate reports.
In the end of the 7th semester, students are obliged to successfully complete preparation for practical work in the duration of six hours.
It is recommended that the students wishing to enrol in practical work in this area take the elective course The Youth in Conflict with Law: Educational Measures in the 7th semester.
| Cognitive Skills:
Practical work will be organised in centers for social welfare in Croatia and institutions that deal with problems of young persons.
Practice supervisors / mentors will be social workers, and if necessary other experts who work in the area of problems of young persons.
After successfully completing practical work, students will be able to:
1. describe the situation regarding socially unacceptable behaviour of young persons in the area of a certain center for social welfare
2. apply provisions of the Juvenile Courts Act and selected articles of Misdemeanor Act (that relate to the youth)
3. conduct an interview with aminor and his/her family
4. take actions within the scope of social work in centers for social welfare
5. recognise and explain risk and protective factors for the development of socially unacceptable behaviour of young persons and take measures
6. write reports
7. propose measures and cooperate with other bodies and institutions
8. recognise, analyse and critically evaluate family factors relevant for understanding socially unacceptable behaviour of young persons
Practical and Generic Skills:
- Implement all measures that social workers in centers for social welfare impose on children, young persons and their families
- write and manage all needed documentation in the centerMatching Assessments to Learning Outcomes:
Practical work is supervised by the practice supervisor at the faculty, teachers in centers
- the student writes a report about practice in accordance with previopusly determined tasks and the field teacher gives it a descriptive grade
- after practice students participate in reflections connected to practice in small groups
Copyright 2018 - Pravni fakultet, Sveučilište u Zagrebu, sva prava pridržana.